Nothing substantial for Mumbaikars in Rail budget
Mumbai - What Mumbaikars get from railway budget?
Highlights of the rail budget -
- Differently abled need not to worry as FM announced about 500 stations which will be differently abled friendly. Rs. 13,100 crore has been allotted for this.
- A rail safety fund with a corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of 5 years, and steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism.
- No service charge on ticket booking through IRCTC website announced Jaitley.
- All coaches of railways to be fitted with bio-toilets by 2019, and at least 25 stations will be redeveloped over next year.
- Railways will be implementing end-to-end solutions for some commodities and have proposed to create 7000 solar railway station in the medium term. 20,000 MW solar power plants will be set up for the same.
- 3,500 km railway lines will be commissioned in 2017-18 as against 2,800 km in 2016-17.