SHARE

Just a day after the Tata Group announced Ankur Garg as the CCO (Chief Commercial Officer) of AirAsia India, the CCO of Vistara, Sanjiv Kapoor, has resigned from his post effective December 31, 2019. 

Tata Sons owns 51% in Vistara (49% Singapore Airlines) and 51% in AirAsia India in partnership with Malaysian low-cost airline, AirAsia Berhad which owns the remaining 49%. So it seems like there’s some major reshuffling going on at both of Tata Group’s joint airline ventures. 

With Kapoor leaving the post by the end of the year, the current Chief Strategy Officer, Vinod Kannan, will take over the responsibilities as the CCO. The company didn’t go into detail about the departure of the current CCO, but the fact that Kapoor will stay on until December 31 suggests that this is a standard transition that companies go through from time to time. 

“As part of the transition process since Mr. Kapoor’s resignation, some of the portfolios had been moved under Mr. Kannan’s leadership, while some are still in the movement process,” Vistara said in a statement. 

In the midst of the ongoing protests in Assam over the Citizenship Amendment Bill or CAB, Vistara cancelled all its flights to Assam, while also offering free change of flights or full refunds to customers. 



RELATED TOPICS
Latest News

YouTube Videos