16-year-old Kandivali resident dies due to leptospirosis; Death toll reaches seven

Tanmay first slipped into coma and then his liver and brain stopped functioning. On July 28, 2018 he breathed his last in the hospital

  • 16-year-old Kandivali resident dies due to leptospirosis; Death toll reaches seven
SHARE

Leptospirosis has claimed one more life, taking the death toll to seven. 16-year-old Tanmay Kamlesh Pradnye died due to leptospirosis on Sunday.

Pradnye was a brilliant student who had secured 70 per cent marks in SSC exam. On July 15, 2018, he secured admission in Commerce at Patkar college and was very happy. He called out his friends and all went to a lake nearby Kandivali’s Shiv Temple. Busy in swimming, they failed to see that the water coming from the nullah was mixing up in the lake.    

After coming home, he started vomiting and felt dizzy as well. His parents took him to a local hospital where the doctor gave him some medicines and Pradnye felt better for some time. However, after a few days, his health deteriorated and was admitted to Amar Hospital on July 24.


(Medical Report)

Also Read: Leptospirosis Causes Fourth Death In Mumbai

After running a few tests, it was confirmed that Pradnye had contracted leptospirosis. However, as Amar Hospital had no required machines, on July 25, he was shifted to Riddhivinayak Multispeciality.

After he was admitted to Riddhivinayak Hospital on July 24, his medical reports cleared that he contracted leptospirosis. Likewise, we began his treatment. However, even after two days, he was not responding to the treatment. Then he slipped into coma and his liver and other organs started failing. He was kept on ventilator but as he was not responing, his family decided to pull the plug,” Dr. Venkat Goyal, Consultant Cardiologist, Riddhivinayak Hospital 

Meanwhile, he slipped into coma and his brain and liver stopped functioning. Finally, on July 28, around 4:00 am, he breathed his last in the hospital.

Also Read: BMC To Set Up Laboratory To Treat Humans Affected By Animal-Related Diseases

Tanmay was a good boy and his sudden death is shocking and disheartening. I request the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to clean the nullah,” Kishore Rane, neighbour.

RELATED TOPICS
Latest News