10 people rescued in Level 2 fire break out at Mumbai's Samsung Service Centre

10 people rescued in Level 2 fire break out at Mumbai's Samsung Service Centre

A level-II fire broke out on Monday, November 15, 2021, at Kanjurmarg-based Samsung service centre. As per reports, the incident occurred in the evening and no injuries or casualities were reported. However, a total of 10 people who were trapped inside the building were rescued immediately by the locals and the police.

Besides the service centre, three other companies also caught fire.

While the fire broke out at 8:59pm, officials from the civic body and fire departments were informed about the same at approximately 9.42pm, post which the rescue teams rushed to the spot with eight fire engines and four water tankers. The operation to douse the fire began soon after. An ambulance also rushed to the spot to handle for medical emergency.

Several citizens took to social media to share the visuals of thick smoke rising due to the flames. Residents from nearby locality have been shifted by the officials, considering the safety aspects in mind. 

In a conversation with ANI, DCP for zone 7, Prashant Kadam, informed that the fire broke out due to a short circuit. Further investigation is underway. 

Meanwhile, the power room of a Thane-based four-storey residential building caught fire during the early hours on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. No casualties or injuries were reports, and a total of 17 families were evacuated from the building. Reports state that the fire broke out at 4.45 in Kalwa and the meters were destroyed due to the incident. Rescue teams reached the spot to begin the operations.

Note: This is a developing story and more details will be added after official information is released.

Read this story in मराठी
MumbaiLive would like to send you latest news updates