Kurla- On Tuesday night, around 2 am fire broke out at Kaju Pada’s Shashtri Nagar’s godown. This godown had wooden items in it which got charred in a fire. According to an eyewitness, the cause of the fire was a short circuit. Within half an hour, eight to nine fire engines reached the spot. No casualty was reported but property loss was reported.
This is not the first time, the blaze has occurred in Kurla. In the last few days, many fire incidents have been reported in Kurla. A major fire broke out on 20th January at Kurla's Kapadia Nagar. Reportedly, around three cylinders exploded at an illegal garage on the Santacruz-Chembur Link Road (SCLR) near Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC). The incident took place at 1 am. Another fire incident was reported on 7th January, where the fire broke out in Kurla's Kapadia Bazar in Mumbai.