Numerous questions are posed regarding the safety of workers working in Tarapur industrial area in Boisar, Palghar, as a labourer dies due to a fire outbreak in a gas company. The event is of Friday on 28 April. The name of the labourer was Umesh Sharma (45). According to the locals, Umesh Sharma used to work in Plant K56 of M / s Arrow Laboratories Limited, Boisar. Last night, when he was working, a gas leak started causing an outbreak of fire. Umesh too got engulfed in the fire, hence, succumbing to death. The police have registered a case against the owner of the company under CR 28/217.
It was just a few months ago, that the Tarapur Pollution Control Board had issued an order against the violation of pollution rules but the company owners had somehow ignored it.