How often does it happen to you that you are all geared up to start your day and to be really productive at work, but all your excitement goes crashing down the moment you arrive at the local railway station? It would be happening most of the times but now this won’t be for long. Turns out the Western Railways have decided to run various schemes so as to make the journeys of the commuters really comfy and convenient.
Under these schemes, the railways will be deploying new lifts, elevated staircases, booking offices, reservation centers, FOB, skywalks, toilets and certain other basic facilities that will change the way the local stations look like today. On the behalf of Western Railways and Mumbai Railway Development Corporation (MRDC), the opening ceremony for all these schemes will be done on Tuesday by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
As is the case with Dadar, Andheri, Borivali and other western railway stations, where the number of people frequenting these is as good as 35 lakhs, out of which 7.5 lakh are women, the western railway has thought of making it more convenient for the female travelers.
- Here’s a rundown of what stations will be equipped with what kind of amenities:
- Elevated staircases and lift to be deployed on platform number 1 at Borivali station
- Construction of new bridges for Dadar, Matunga Road, and Bhayendar stations
- Construction of skywalk that will link Andheri Metro Station and bridge
- Elevated booking offices for Dadar, Bhayander and Vasai Road stations
- Booking office for Kandivali station
- Migrant Reservation Center for Nalasopara station
- Inauguration of new toilet blocks for Goregaon and Kandivali stations