Advertisement

Anil Deshmukh takes a dig at CBI probe in Sushant's case


Anil Deshmukh takes a dig at CBI probe in Sushant's case
SHARES

 
State Home Minister Anil Deshmukh today expressed his desire to know the status of the CBI probe, on the Sushant Singh Rajput's case. Claiming that the probe into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has gone silent he was looking on getting an update. He also mentioned that it has been over six weeks since CBI took the matters in their own hand.

"You all know that the investigation into the Sushant death case was being done very professionally by the Maharashtra Police and Mumbai Police. But it was abruptly handed over to the CBI," Deshmukh told media persons.

"We eagerly want to know... Even the people are now asking whether Sushant died by suicide or if he was murdered. We want the details of the CBI probe to come out," Deshmukh told mediapersons.

Shortly after the minister's statement, the CBI issued a statement on the issue from New Delhi.

"The CBI is conducting a professional investigation related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date. The investigations are continuing," CBI spokesperson R.K. Gaur said.

While the CBI is conducting the overall probe focusing on the actor's death, two other central agencies, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) are probing the financial and drugs angle that subsequently emerged.

Sushant Singh Rajput  34, was found dead in his bedroom at his Bandra flat on June 14.  It was earlier believed that the actor had committed suicide and Mumbai Police was probing the matter. However, the Supreme Court had to intervene and the investigation was handed to CBI.

CBI and the ED are yet to make any arrest in connection with their probe. There is also a parallel probe by the NCB. NCB has already nabbed 20 persons so far which includes Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik. Rhea was Sushant's girlfriend. It is also interrogating several prominent Bollywood personalities such as Deepika Padukone, Rakulpreet, Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor.

Meanwhile, NCB Director-General Rakesh Asthana came to Mumbai on Sunday to review the investigations carried out for so far.




RELATED TOPICS