Malad cracker market sets sound example
Malad west - The rest of the city could take a leaf out of the wholesale firecracker market at Malad, which follows most of the rules and regulations laid down by the fire brigade and the BMC.
The market has a fire extinguishing system that has been installed and explosive fireworks are stored separately. The vendors at this market have given the following instructions to prevent mishaps -
- No smoking near fireworks
- Store sand and water
- Keep fire extinguisher handy
- Adequate distance, more than 1.50 metres between adjacent stalls
- Tin box imperative to store crackers
- No stalls in front of each other
- Keep sacks of sand in the area as a fire deterrent
It is heartening to see concern winning over commerce in a money-crazy metropolis!