Sensation prevailed among the commuters when a goods compartment of a Badlapur-bound local train caught fire between Ghatkopar and Vikhroli railway stations during peak hours on Tuesday evening.
As per information, the local train was stopped after commuters started raising an alarm after they noticed smoke coming out of the goods compartment. The motorman immediately contacted the control room. The rescue team immediately rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control. Fortunately, no one received any injury in the incident.
As per primary information, the exact reason behind this fire could not be known till filing of this report.