Advertisement

Mishap averted! Dahisar COVID-19 ICU Centre catches fire; nurse saves the day

While treating a patient at a COVID-19 ICU Centre in the Kandarpada area of Dahisar, a fire broke out due to a short circuit in the medical equipment adjacent to the patient.

Mishap averted! Dahisar COVID-19 ICU Centre catches fire; nurse saves the day
SHARES

According to a video that is going viral, a fire broke out at a COVID-19 ICU Centre in the Kandarpada area of Dahisar. It is said that the cause of the fire was a short circuit in the medical equipment adjacent to the patient, however, the nurses extinguished the fire on time.

There is a 100-bed intensive care unit at Kandarpada, Dahisar, for the treatment of coronavirus. As per reports, the health staff reacted to the incident promptly and doused the fire with the help of extinguishers at the hospital as soon as the fire broke out. Nurse Anupama Tiwari, who was near the patient, removed the equipment from the patient's bed. The power supply to the plant was cut off. Other nurses in the vicinity along with medical officer Dr Ravi, Wardboy, Jatin and other staff brought a nearby fire extinguisher and extinguished the burning medical plant in an instant. Extinguishing the fire with due diligence averted a major accident.

In view of the situation, Aaditya Thackeray, Minister of State for Environment and Tourism and Guardian Minister of Mumbai Suburban District, Kishori Pednekar, Mayor of Mumbai, Iqbal Singh Chahal, Municipal Commissioner and other dignitaries have lauded the performance of these nurses, medical officers and staff.

All the staff and patients of the COVID-19 Care Centre are said to be safe as no injuries have been reported.

RELATED TOPICS