Dharavi – A massive fire broke out at Dharavi’s VOC tower building’s fourth floor on Monday around 3.30 pm. There was no casualty reported yet the fire engulfed furniture worth lakhs. Three fire engines rushed to the spot and doused the fire in two hours. At first, due to the narrow road, it was difficult for fire engines to reach the destination but ultimately they were successful in dousing the fire in two hours.
Luckily, the house where the blaze started was empty as the Jacob family had gone out. Residents got to know about the fire when smoke started coming out of kitchen window. Meanwhile, compressor got busted and the fire grew bigger. Some residents immediately went to terrace and a few of them rushed to the ground floor. One group of fire officers entered the home and took two hours in dousing the fire.
Shiv Sena corporator T M Jagdish met the Jacob family and offered his support. When the fire brigade team was asked about the cause of the fire, they stated that short circuit might have caused the fire.