Leaking cylinder claims 3 in Mankhurd
Mankhurd - A mishap happened at Maharashtra Nagar, Mankhurd at 6 am on the morning of 15th December due to leaking gas cylinder which blasted and 4 houses collapsed and 15 people were seriously injured out of which 3 lost their life. According to DCP Shahaji Umap, the gas was leaking since night and when someone lit the lighter, it triggered the blast. The injured include 4 kids. Fire Brigade, BMC staff and Police reached the spot immediately and injured were rushed to Shatabdi hospital in Govandi.
The deceased are identified as -
1. Rekha Wankhede