The trekking season has officially begun and Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) is calling you out. The forest is fresh with the showers and there’s greenery everywhere. Trekking in this weather with your friends and family will be a treat.
What's the plan?
SGNP is giving you a reason to enjoy the weather this Sunday. The plan is clear, assemble in the morning and hit the forest trail as soon as possible. Spend a good, long part of the day in exploring the forest and soaking in the best of what the season has to offer. So pack in a spare set of clothes, a good energy-giving snack and yes, doesn’t forget your rainwear.
07.00 AM - Assemble at SGNP main gate.
07.15 AM - Depart to the forest in SGNP vehicle.
08.00 AM - Introduction and start trekking from Bamboo Hut.
01.00 PM - Reach the Highest Point of the park.
02.00 PM - Start walking back.
02.30 PM - Board the bus to NIC
03.00 PM - A refreshing cup of tea, feedback & disperse.
Charges: INR 750/- per participant.
Charges inclusive of Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Naturalist Charges, and Entry Fees.
Charges don't include your vehicle entry fee at SGNP main gate.
1. Wear proper walking and rainy shoes. No sandals or slippers, please.
2. Carry ample amount of water for yourself.
3. Raingear: poncho/umbrella, spare set of clothes
4. This is a long trek, so carrying snacks won't be a bad idea (but don't litter in the forest).
5. Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewellery for the trek.
6. Walking sticks are available on loan at NIC, and are of great help in a forest trek.
Follow the link for more details: https://www.facebook.com/SanjayGandhiNationalPark
So register soon and enjoy your rain-soaked weekend with nature.