Mahad food poisoning case: Patients admitted to Sion and KEM Hospital

88 suffered food poisoning and three children died in the incident

SHARE

On June 18, 2018, Khalapur resident Subhash Mane had organised a housewarming party where people were invited for dinner. Post-dinner, nearly 88 people suffered food poisoning in which three children lost their lives.

Around seven people are critical who are admitted to Parvati Hospital in Khopoli. As the number of those suffering increased, the patients were shifted to Panvel and Navi Mumbai hospitals. Few of them were admitted to Kamothe’s MGM Hospital and few of them were admitted to Mumbai’s Sion and KEM hospital.

People who died include Kalyani Shingote (7), Rishikesh Shinde (12) and Pragati Shinde (13).

Later it was found out that, food consumed by people had pesticides in it. Raigad’s DYSP Pandharpatte reached the spot and sent the food samples for an inspection.

A relative of one of the parent said that after the dinner started, children who ate first complained of nausea, stomach ache, giddiness etc. This was followed by elders who witnessed the same symptoms and that's when everyone realised that it may be a case of food poisoning. 



(Picture Courtesy- Hindustan Times)

RELATED TOPICS
Latest News