Advertisement

70 per cent of active Covid cases in the state reported from five districts

According to the state's public health department, 69 per cent, i.e. 25,776 cases between September 5 and 14, 2021, were reported from five - Pune, Ahmednagar, Mumbai, Satara and Solapur - districts.

70 per cent of active Covid cases in the state reported from five districts
SHARES

Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Maharashtra were on a rise a few days back, however, reports state that several districts have reported a drop in cases. However, data reveals that between September 5 and 14, 2021, 70 per cent of the total cases were reported from five districts of the state, and the weekly infection rate in these districts is higher than the state average. 

Over 3,500 new cases were registered in Maharashtra on Thursday, September 16, 2021, of which 45 people died. Meanwhile, over 1.38 lakh deaths have been reported in the state due to the COVID infection taking the mortality rate in the state is 2.12 per cent.

At a district level, Mumbai reported 446 new COVID cases on Thursday of which two patients died, and a total of 7.36 lakh cases have been registered in Mumbai so far, with over 16,000 deaths due to infection. On the other hand, the state has more than 49,000 active COVID cases.

In the last 24 hours, approximately 3,240 people in the state recovered from the infection and were discharged from the hospitals.

Report reveals that Around 74.21 per cent, i.e 2,668 of the total cases reported on Thursday were from Mumbai, Ahmednagar, Pune, Solapur, Satara and Sangli districts. Data suggests that Ahmednagar witnessed 618 new cases, while Pune had 898, Solapur had 241, Satara had 236, and Sangli had 229 new cases.

According to the state's public health department, 69 per cent, i.e. 25,776 cases  between September 5 and 14, 2021, were reported from five - Pune, Ahmednagar, Mumbai, Satara and Solapur - districts. The remaining 30 districts contributed 31 per cent, i.e. 11,320 active cases during the same period. Pune reported 8,062 cases followed by Ahmednagar with 7,484, Mumbai with 4,087, Satara with 3,439 and Solapur with 2,704 cases.

RELATED TOPICS
MumbaiLive would like to send you latest news updates