CST- For the last 32 days, wives of Mumbai policemen have been observing a protest at Azad Maidan to press for their demands.
Their hopes were up on Monday when CM Devendra Fadnavis visited the BMC headquarters, a stone's throw from the Maidan, for an event. “We thought he would come and meet us but he did not turn up. We will protest till our demands are met,” said Yashashree Patil, president, Maha Rajya Police Wives Sangh.
The feisty women are demanding for
- Policemen should get homes of their own. Children of policemen should have assured jobs
- Inter district transfer procedures should be made easy
- Recruitment on compassionate grounds be allowed
- Widows should get state benefits within two months of husband’s death
- Policement should get 6th pay commission dues
- Policemen should be entitled to sick leave
- Policemen should get 45 days paternity leave