What's Cheaper and Costlier?
Mumbai - As a result of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's union budget on Wednesday, let's see what will become cheaper costlier.
Here is a list of what will become costly:
- Pay more on cigarettes, bidis and tobacco products.
- Unmanufactured tobacco has been almost doubled to 8.3% from 4.2% earlier.
- Pan masala has been hiked to 9% from 6%.
- Excise duty on the cigar, cheroots has been changed to 12.5% or Rs 4,006 per thousand.
Here is a list of what will become cheaper:
- E-tickets booked through IRCTC will become cheaper as the service charge on it has been withdrawn.
- Reduced duties on solar tempered glass, fuel cell based power generating systems and wind operated energy generator will bring down their cost.