Much awaited iPhone 8, 8 plus and X launched at Apple Event
This year's event was a bit special for Apple as it marks the 10th anniversary of the most successful Apple product.
CEO Tim Cook introduced Apple Watch Series 3, Apple TV 4K, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the special device, iPhone X.
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Comes in three colours (silver, grey and rose gold)
- New A11 bionic chip
- New image signal processor – the brains behind the camera – with noise reduction and faster low light autofocus
- Wireless Charging
- The iPhone 8 will start at 64GB, from $699, and the 8 Plus will start at $799
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed the iPhone X, which he says will set the path of technology for the next decade. "It is the biggest leap forward since the original iPhone."
- 5.8-inch OLED display
- Glass back with pearly finish
- Pronounced 'iPhone Ten'
- Wakes up with a tap, with no home button
- Siri can be activated with a larger side button
- Can be unlocked with Face ID; also has 3-D touch. Face ID doesn't work if you're looking away, but does work with new hairstyles and facial changes.
- One-in-a-million chance that someone unrelated to you could unlock the iPhone X with Face ID.
- Face ID works with Apple Pay and the sensors can animate emojis.
- The iPhone X will be available in space gray and silver.
The event was held at the company's new 'Apple Park headquarters' in Cupertino, California.