Electric bus in Mulund catches fire; no casualties reported

The BEST electric has been introduced a few weeks back for their emission-free features. The eco-friendly bus was launched at the hands of Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray

SHARE


On a Monday morning, a Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) electrical bus coming out of Mulund bus depot allegedly caught fire following a short circuit. Luckily, no passengers or officials were reported to have sustained any injuries. While the witnesses said that a fire had occurred, BEST officials countered saying there was just smoke detected.

The fire brigade officials clarified that the fire was controlled within a few minutes after a quick response from the fire brigade who immediately reached the spot immediately.

Also Read: Report Shows Half Of Road Accident Casualties In Mumbai In 2018 Were Pedestrians

According to the eyewitnesses, the incident occurred at around 7 am on Devidayal Road when sparks were seen coming out of the bus. In response, the bus staffers quickly moved to first to control it and simultaneously alerted the fire brigade.

Also Read: BEST To Use Renewable Energy Resources To Charge Electric Bus

As the fire department confirmed that it was a minor fire, a BEST official brushed it off stating that there was an incident with bus no 302 which was on its way to Sion but it was not a fire incident and only smoke was detected from the bus liner.

Previously, the bus corporation had introduced electric buses for their emission-free features and the eco-friendly service was launched at the hands of Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray a few weeks ago.

Update:

RELATED TOPICS
Latest News