All you need to know about Zara’s e-commerce move
Global fashion brand, Zara, which is loved by many today stepped into the e-commerce sector where consumers can buy the product from the brand website and mobile application. As per reports, Zara will offer all the products which are currently available in the store, for the same price.
Here are some key points from the e-commerce business of the brand
• Upon placing the order, consumer will have 2 options – either to pick up the order from the store of their choice or get it delivered to a designated address
• Two to four days will be the time frame for home delivery and this will be specific for major cities such as Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
• Five to eight working days will be the delivery time frame for the rest of the country.
• Free delivery will only be available for orders above INR 4000. The standard charge for delivery, otherwise, will be Rs 290. Deliveries at the store will be at no cost.
• Consumers can use Payments all standard payment options such as PayTM, PayPal and all major credit cards to purchase the product.
• A 30-day return period will be applicable for products when changing or returning, and consumers will be able to return from either the online platform or at a convenient store
The company’s warehouse is located in Haryana and as per reports, there are 50 people employed for online operations.