CST, Mumbai -
Advocate Dharmesh Vyas, Congress (I) Candidate from ward no 87 has filed an Election Petition challenging the election of Shiv Sena Mayoral Candidate Vishwanath Pandurang Mahadeshwar, ex-Municipal Councillor Krishna/Mahesh Dhondu Parkar. The Petition has been presented today before the small causes court and adjourned for service upon Respondents till 6th April 2017. Vyas has challenged them on following grounds as under -
1) Vishwanath Mahadeshwar was ineligible and not legally competent to contest the corporation election
2) The Nomination Form along with the affidavit/declaration filed by Vishwanath Mahadeshwar shows that the Vishwanath Mahadeshwar had deliberately and willfully suppressed pertinent facts while filing his nomination form.
3) Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has also relied upon the same so as to mislead the statutory authorities and the voters at large.
4) Vishwanath Mahadeshwar is otherwise disqualified in view of provisions of section 16
5) Vishwanath Mahadeshwar is guilty of corrupt practices
6) Vishwanath Mahadeshwar violated the rules and regulations and code of conduct.
7) Krishna/Mahesh Parkar who had secured the 2nd largest number of votes is also guilty of serious malpractices and improper and false declaration in the Nomination Form.
8) Krishna/Mahesh Parkar apart from filing false and fraudulent disclosure viz., nomination form and affidavit/disclosure about his cast, Krishna/Mahesh Parkar has also relied upon the same so as to mislead the statutory authorities and the voters at large.