26 passengers admitted after suspected food poisoning on Goa-Mumbai Tejas Express


SHARE


What’s the story?

Around 40 passengers got off at Chiplun from the premium Goa-Mumbai Tejas Express after suspected food poisoning.

26 patients were admitted to a hospital where three were taken to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).


Manager suspended by IRCTC

According to reports, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), which manages the onboard catering services, has suspended its Madgaon area officer and the onboard manager pending a fact-finding and food-test report.


Omelette, cutlet and soup was provided 

Train number 22120 was running from Karmali to CSTM, and passengers were served cutlets, omelette and soup. Later, passengers started complaining about feeling nauseous and started puking.

A message was sent to the Chiplun station master, who arranged for a doctor and ambulance as the situation got serious. The train made an unscheduled halt at Chiplun around 3:15 pm.


People out of danger 

People taken to the ICU are out of danger now but an investigation is underway.

RELATED TOPICS
Latest News