EC floats new app to report poll misdeeds
Mumbai - The Election Commission has now empowered the citizen to report electoral misdeeds at the click of a button.
The EC doesn't just want you to cast your valuable vote, it also wants to be alert to any poll related malpractices that could be occurring in your neighbourhood.
Here's how you can do your bit -
- Go on to Google Playstore on your Android phones and download the Citizen on Patrol (COP) app. This is a free app.
- You need to register yourself for the app using your mobile number, email id and a password that you need to generate
- You can now login to the app with the help of your mobile number and password. You can then click on the symbol of a button, which connects to a camera.
- This enables you to take a picture of any electoral malpractice. You need to select the category of malpractice, and enter details of the alleged misdeed
- You then click on the Next button to send off the complaint to the EC
- You will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email id, acknowledging the receipt of your complaint