Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra: 668Mumbai: 377Pune: 65Islampur Sangli: 25Kalyan-Dombivali: 23Navi Mumbai: 22Nagpur: 17Ahmednagar: 17Pimpri Chinchwad: 16Thane: 15Panvel: 11Latur: 8Vasai-Virar: 6Buldhana: 5Yavatmal: 4Satara: 3Aurangabad: 3Usmanabad: 3Ratnagiri: 2Kolhapur: 2Jalgoan: 2Palghar: 2Ulhasnagar: 1Sindudurga: 1Pune Gramin: 1Godiya: 1Nashik: 1Washim: 1Amaravati: 1Gujrat Citizen in Maharashtra: 1Total Deaths: 32Total Discharged: 52BMC Helpline Number:1916State Helpline Number:022-22694725

First Investigate then continue with memorial: Nawab Malik on Pulwama terror attack

Slamming the Narendra Modi government over the probe into the Pulwama terror attack, NCP leader Nawab Malik said that people want to know the truth about the incident and the memorial for the martyrs is a later priority.

First Investigate then continue with memorial: Nawab Malik on Pulwama terror attack
SHARE


Maharashtra Minority Affairs Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesperson, Nawab Malik questioned the central government over the Pulwama terror attack which took lives of 44 security personnel from the Indian Army and CRPF on February 14 last year. 

Slamming the Narendra Modi government over the probe into the Pulwama terror attack, Malik said that people want to know the truth about the incident and the memorial for the martyrs is a later priority. 

While talking to the media, the Maharashtra Minister asserted on the need for an investigation into the Pulwama terror attack claiming that no inquiry has been commissioned till now. 

“40 CRPF men died in Pulwama attack. Till date, no inquiry has been commissioned to find out from where RDX came and how the vehicle reached the spot. The vehicle’s driver was in jail. How did he come out? Probe should be conducted (sic),” NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said. 

Also Read - Bhima Koregaon Case Transferred To NIA: NCP Chief Sharad Pawar Slams Maharashtra Government

“It is a serious issue and we first need an investigation for the truth to come out. They can continue with their memorial after the probe,” Malik added. 

Earlier, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also raised questions regarding the Pulwama terror attack attacking Modi government. 

“Who benefitted the most from the attack? What is the outcome of the inquiry into the attack? Who in the BJP government has yet been held accountable for the security lapse that allowed the attack?” Rahul Gandhi asked on Twitter. 

Also Read - Remove Anurag Thakur From Cabinet: Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik

The Pakistan-based terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed had taken the responsibility of the Pulwama attack. On February 14, 2019, a convoy of Army and CRPF personnel was attacked by a suicide bomber which killed 44 security personnel in the Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir. 
RELATED TOPICS
Related News