What can Mumbai expect from the Budget?
Mumbai- Both the Union budget and the rail budget will be presented on 1 February. Mumbaikars have kept their fingers crossed for a budget that will be in the common man’s favour.
Here are some expectations, bitter and sweet, that Mumbaikars have from the budget.
- Rs 500 crore expected to be allotted to curb the traffic in Metro cities.
- Special funds expected to be announced for the Road Safety Programme.
- For claiming concession in railways, Aadhar card could be made mandatory.
- Announcements to increase the speed of trains on Delhi-Howrah and Mumbai rail routes.
- The Harbour- Western connecting railway work to be completed by March.
- 5th and 6th railway line on Diva -Thane is expected to be completed by December.
- Funds expected to announce to increase the height of the railway platforms.
- Cabinet could approve the MUTP-3 project.
- Special provision for AC local trains.
- Even bus stops could be Wifi enabled.
- Fares of platform tickets could be increased.
- Railway traveling fares could go up.