Saki Naka fire due to short circuit; Sanitary inspector gets suspended

    BMC
    Saki Naka fire due to short circuit; Sanitary inspector gets suspended
    Mumbai  -  

    In connection with the fire incident of Bhanudas Farsan Mart, L/Ward’s sanitary inspector Jagdish Sawant has been suspended. Apart from this, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has ordered an inquiry of other designated officers such as Pravin Vasave, Rahul Marekar, Amol Patil, Vishwanath Pawar.

    A massive fire broke out in Bhanudas Farsan Mart, Saki Naka where 12 people lost their lives. BMC commissioner Ajoy Mehta formed a committee which was headed by deputy commissioner Ram Dhas who submitted a report stating the cause of the fire was a short circuit and also held the sanitary inspector guilty.

    Negligence led to deaths

    As per the Dhas committee’s report, thought the shop was in a dirty place, the civic body did not take any action. But when they received the complaint, they went to take action against the shop but it was closed. The officials concerned did not visit the shop again. This negligence led to the fire.

    What had happened?

    In the month of December, a massive fire broke out at Saki Naka’s Bhanudas farsan (snack) mart where 12 migrant workers were charred to death. The fire broke out around 4:17 am when workers were in deep sleep.

    Loading Comments
    © 2018 MumbaiLive. All Rights Reserved.