Sachin Tendulkar parts ways with ISL franchise Kerala Blasters FC

Sachin Tendulkar announced that he will no longer be part of the Indian Super League (ISL) franchise Kerala Blasters FC in the 5th season of ISL. Tendulkar’s 20 per cent share will be acquired by the shareholders that own the rest 80 per cent of the shares.

SHARE

Indian Super League (ISL), one of the most awaited football leagues in India is considered to be a prominent competition as it hosts matches between 10 teams throughout the country. Just as the 5th season of Hero ISL is set to begin from September 29, cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar declared his exit from ISL franchise Kerala Blasters FC on Sunday.

The announcement was made through an official statement which said,

After reflecting and much discussion with my team, I have decided to exit my association with Kerala Blasters as a co-promoter. I strongly believe that Kerala Blasters is in very good shape and on its path to attain many more successes with the backing of its fans offering unconditional support. I am very proud of Kerala Blasters and a piece of my heart will always beat for the club."

Accordingly, the existing 80 per cent shareholders of KBFC consisting of IQuest, Chiranjeevi and Allu Arvind have agreed mutually to take over Sachin Tendulkar’s 20 per cent stake in the club.

Also Read: Hero ISL Allure Bengal With Mouth-Watering Opening Game Night In Kolkata

Tendulkar has been the face of Kerala Blasters since 2014 and was present with the then Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, when the press conference to announce the name of the club was held.

RELATED TOPICS
Latest News