BMC contracts are given to selected few: MNS
Prabhadevi - The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena’s group leader in the BMC, Sandip Deshpande, contacted the people on Facebook Live from the MNS war room on Tuesday. He gave very bold answers to people’s queries on the issue of corruption in the BMC. He also alleged that selected people are given contracts of development works of the municipal corporation.
Prominent points of Deshpande’s live talk:
- It is a big question whether the tendering process of the BMC is transparent or not. If not transparent then why it is so?
- The BMC contracts are always given to a few selected contractors. The Shiv Sena-BJP is ruling the BMC from last 20-25 years and contractors are also the same old ones.
- The annual tender for educational material is worth Rs 200 crore while the number of students in the BMC schools is 5 lakh. It is worth pondering how much BMC spends on each student.
- It is a responsibility of the BMC to provide free primary education.
- The BMC spends Rs 1 lakh per student. Is the quality of education of that standard?
- Companies like L&T do not get road tenders even being in the race.
- No contractor was sent to jail for the scam in the tender process.
- Tenders are made by thinking about the contractor.
- Marathi contractors should also get contract of the BMC.
- Shiv Sena and BJP increased property tax and now these people are talking of cancelling or waiving off this tax.
- We will take the work done by us though there is a triangular fight in the ward.
- Electorates will vote for the MNS candidates because we have done such works.
- There is no use of Vachannama if promises are not kept and respected.
- Dadar will be freed from the clutches of hawkers. We’ve followed this issue.