Mumbai- In order to calm the Maratha community, CM Devendra Fadnavis announced many schemes to help out the poor students. He also increased the upper limit of Economically Backward Classes (EBC) to 6 lakhs, which will get monetary benefits. They will also get concession in their school fees. This was announced by the CM at the press conference held on Thursday. When Maratha Morcha was held across the state, lack of education schemes issue was prominently put forth. Sensing the need, CM announced that students who have more than 60% will be able to enjoy Rajshri Shahu Maharaj scheme. Likewise, students belonging to families having small farm lands will be eligible for Punjabrao Deshmukh scheme and Adivasi students will be eligible for Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay scheme.
Important points of CM's press conference
- Rajshri Shahu Maharaj scheme for poor students which will give them fee concession
- Families having annual income of 6 lakh rupees, will be given concession in school fees which will benefit 1 lakh and 45 thousand students
- Under Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme, families having small farm lands will get 30 thousand rupees per month
- Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Swayam scheme will benefit Adivasi students with food and education related items
- State government will repay the loans of medical students of families having annual income of 2.5 to 6 lakh rupees