FM announces healthy bugdet
Mumbai- the much awaited Union Budget was presented today by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. There were lots of expectations from the people, and the Finance Minister in his speech used anecdotes and the icing was his shayaris.
The healthcare sector also received various sops. In his budget 2017 the finance minister spoke about elimination of leprosy and measles
1. Action plan to eliminate Kala Azar and filariasis by 2017, leprosy by 2018, measles by 2020 and tuberculosis by 2025
- Kala-Azar is also known as black fever and Dumdum fever. It is a fatal disease if not detected. This disease is the second-largest parasitic killer in the world (after malaria), responsible for an estimated 200,000 to 400,000 infections each year worldwide.
2. For senior citizens, Aadhaar cards giving their health condition will be introduced
- Senior citizens to get aadhar based health cards and will also earn 8% interest on savings through LIC. These aadhar based smart cards will have health details of senior citizens which will enable the latter to avail medical facilities
3. Will eliminate tuberculosis by 2025
4. Budget stands for pregnant women
Pregnant women will get Rs 6,000 in their bank accounts for their delivery and to vaccinate their children