Sops for salaried class and rail commuters
Finance Minister Aun Jaitley presented the much-awaited Budget- 2017, here are some highlights:-
1. Service tax on E-tickets will be withdrawn on booking from IRCTC website.
2. New policies will be introduced for Metro Rail.
3. By 2019, railway coaches will have bio-toilets.
4. A new Metro policy to be announced.
5. Rs 1 crore fund allocation for rail safety.
6. 2 new schemes to promote usage of Bhim app.
7. Rs 10,000 crore for Recapitalization of Banks.
8. Allocated 3.96 lakh crore for infrastructure.
9. New laws to confiscate the assets of economic offenders.
10. Fiscal deficit pegged at 3.2% of GDP.
11. Total Budget allocations Rs 21,47,000 crore.
12. Payment through Aadhar, AadharPay, to be launched.
13. Income Tax for small companies reduced.
14. Under PMAY, 1 crore houses to be built for the homeless by 2019.
15. Cash transactions exceeding 3 lakh Rs barred.
16. Political Parties can take donations only through cheques or digital modes.
17. Cash donations from 1 source restricted to Rs 2000 for political parties.
18. Tax reduced on Income between 2.5 lakh to 5 lakh to 5%.
19. No Tax for those who use tax rebates upto income of Rs 4.5 lakh annually.
20. No Tax to be levied on Income upto Rs 3 lakh.
21. Surcharge of 10% on individuals earning between ₹50 lakh to ₹1 crore.
22. 5% tax rebate to individuals who fall under the annual salary bracket of Rs 5 lakhs or less.
23. Action plan to eliminate Kala Azar and filariasis by 2017, leprosy by 2018, measles by 2020 and tuberculosis by 2025.