Advertisement

Uddhav Thackeray suggests BMC to appoint officers to check private hospitals

Thackeray said that private hospitals must strictly comply with the government decision of reserving 80 per cent of their beds for patients suffering from COVID-19 and other diseases.

Uddhav Thackeray suggests BMC to appoint officers to check private hospitals
SHARES
Advertisement


Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday suggested that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) should appoint officers to monitor whether private hospitals are following the government orders about reserving their beds amid coronavirus outbreak. 

Thackeray said that private hospitals must strictly comply with the government decision of reserving 80 per cent of their beds for patients suffering from COVID-19 and other diseases.

The Chief Minister on Tuesday held a cabinet meeting with his ministers to discuss the state preparedness ahead of Cyclone Nisarga and the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in Maharashtra. 

During the discussion, it was also suggested that the government could utilise private ambulances to assist those who need it immediately. The cabinet also said that the state government should ask the central government to resume Mumbai local train services for essential workers, sources informed. 

The media report also stated that the cabinet gave ex post facto approval to provide free treatment for all patients infected by COVID-19 under the Mahatma Phule Jan Aarogya Yojana. This decision was taken earlier by the Maharashtra government. 

With this, 100 per cent coverage will be given to the COVID-19 patients. Till now, the health scheme covered 85 per cent but the Maharashtra government will also cover the remaining 15 per cent. 

An official informed that the district health officials will be responsible for monitoring the supply of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) kits and N95 masks to private hospitals. 

The sources have also informed that the state government has appointed administration for over 12,000 gram panchayats since elections can’t be held amid coronavirus outbreak. These appointments have been made for gram panchayats that have either completed its five-year term or are nearing term-end, it said.  

Also Read - 

As Cyclone Shows Signs Of Weakening, Uddhav Thackeray Directs Administration To Start Relief Work

Devendra Fadnavis Corners Uddhav Thackeray Over PFI Assisting BMC With COVID-19 Related Burials

RELATED TOPICS